Currently, the department has 19 teachers. Of these, 5 professors, 5 candidates of science, associate professors, 3 candidates of science have academic titles and degrees, and the scientific competence of the department is 70 %.
The department conducts research on the following topics:
1. Research and development of advanced technologies for separating potato stalks from stones and clods at harvest.
Performers: Ph.D., Assoc. A.Duskulov, Ph.D. Makhmudov H., Ph.D. A.Isakov.
2. Development of resource-saving small-scale units for animal husbandry and fisheries.
Performers: Ph.D., Assoc. Zh. Alizhanov, Ph.D. A. Borotov, assistant Ya. Zhumatov, support of doctoral student Sh. Gapparov.
3. Development of resource-saving technologies and equipment for agriculture.
Performers: Doctor of Technical Sciences, prof. B.Khudayarov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, prof. B. Shaimardanov, prof. M. Shumarova, Assoc. Abdillaev T., doctoral student Sh. Yusupov, trainee teacher Yu. Rakhimov.
4. The introduction of highly efficient agricultural techniques for the cultivation of grain and the means of their implementation, the determination of the quality of work and technical and operational indicators.
Performers: Doctor of Technical Sciences, prof. K. Astanakulov, support of doctoral student N. Ashurov.
5. Introduce highly efficient cotton farming techniques based on the smart farming system and methods for their implementation, determining the quality of work and technical and operational indicators.
Performers: Doctor of Technical Sciences, prof. K. Astanakulov, trainee teacher A. Turdibekov.
The department also performs work under economic contracts worth more than 70 million soums.
During 2021, professors and teachers of the department published 4 textbooks, 3 study guides, 6 monographs, 31 scientific publications in Scopus, 5 in foreign journals, 3 in national scientific journals, 42 scientific articles at international scientific conferences.